2017 Federal Legislative Priorities
- Reauthorize appropriations for the Indian Housing Block Grant Program.
- Inadequate NAHASDA funding levels.
- Ensure that the Census Bureau data on Alaska Natives and American Indians is accurate throughout Alaska.
2018 State Legislative Priorities
- AAHA strongly supports the Governor’s Budget Request for the AHFC Supplemental Housing Development Grant (SHDG) Program for $3 million.
- AAHA strongly supports continued state investment in the AHFC Weatherization Program.
- AAHA strongly supports the Governor’s Budget Request for the AHFC Senior Citizens Housing Development Grant Program (SCHDGP) for $1 million to meet the rapidly growing need for senior housing in Alaska.
Economic Impact of Alaska Housing Authorities